It’s every parents mission to develop a healthy eating habit in uis kid. It maybe tough but not impossible. So we’ll discuss today how can you develop healthy feeding habits for your toddler.
Toddlers are in a phase where you want to develop a habit in them so that they feed on their own. And having healthy food is a priority. You want your kid to eat good. But how to make it a habit foe him? That is a tough job.
Healthy Eating Habits For Your Kid
You can try these few tips and tricks
- You pick what your kid eats and let your kid pick how much and how he wants to eat. This is not only important but it also helps in building personality. Your kid feel like he has authority. He can chose how to eat and in what quantity. So give him authority over his own body but choose what is on his plate. Make the healthy choices for him and let him choose from those healthy things.
- It is obvious that your kid would want to have sweets. So here is another hack. Wait enough to introduce sweets at the table. And do not keep sweets at home when not needed. In this way your kid will have his stomach already filled with greens and will not eat too much sweet. A little is acceptable, and important too.
- Do not push your kid to eat more. Nor reward him for cleaning the plate. Kids don’t like to be pushed around a lot. Although you should take authority once in a while. But most of the times let your kid decide what he wants to eat and how much. And if you reward him, then this will become a habit too. He’ll keep expecting rewards again and again. A healthy habit would turn into a bad habit. You want this to be a habit- eating healthy. So do not do reward.
- Do not worry if your kid is a pocky eater. Most kids are picky. We are born in this way. Kids have the tendency to choose the food that they are familiar with. They are not always adventurous about trying new things. Don’t worry, that’s our genetic makeup. But as time passes and your baby grows and his taste buds change. And so does his preference for food. Your job here is to sure that he always has healthy food at his disposal to try.
- Introduction of a bed time snack can help a lot. Kids are busy creatures. They are always running from one corner of the room to the other. And they are so engrossed in their play that they don’t realise when they feel hungry. So having a bed time snack can help a lot.
So these are a few things that you can try. But the best thing to do here is make sure that you also eat the same because kids learn everything from their parents. So if you’re kid sees you eat healthy. He might also want to try it.